Unlike what erdogan keeps spouting, Syria is a heavily armed country, chances are, if erdogan wants to bring Assad OUT from that country, he has to funds the rebels, gives them radar and radio information.
But overall, the sunnis will win, simply because they outnumbered the shias 50 to 1.
Just like Yazid beats Hussein and makes him into a Hussein on a stick, so shall the sunnis ends the Assad regime in Syria.
Oh well, nice knowing you Assad, who knows, maybe hell has an iTunes.
2. Turkey cant fight syriblalabla ?
Turkey have 650 000 soldier.syria have 312 000 soldier..Turkey have 1940 f-16 block fighter jet..syria have 830 , Turkey have 6300 tank. syria have 4850 . Turkey navy 265.syria navy 19.Turkey have 23 submarine.syria have 0 .Turkey have 26 frigates syria have 2 .Turkey have 25 mine hunting ship,syria have 4 . Turkey have 55 amphibious ships , syria have 3 ... yeah we cant fight with syria...
3. Caglar from Antalya - I agree with you but
1. In 1974 Turkey invaded north Cyprus. Today in 2012 Turkey still did not win the war in Cyprus. No other state recognizes KKTC. This shows you that winning a war requires more than military might.
2. There was a great article from Mehmet Ali Birand saying that at times like this it would have been very important to have Israel as a friend of Turkey. Read it. You may learn something.
3. Even after Turkey invades Syria or part of Syria with military might the world would not be supporting this invasion (Just like Cyprus) Suriyeyi sana yedirmezler. In the long run such an invasion might cause more trouble then benefit to Turkey. As the old Turkish saying goes - strong vinegar damages its own cup.
David Israel ,
New York, USA
4. and i hope
Erdoğan will see who is the real ally in the region..because you persians and arabs always betrayed Turks..
5. david im really suprised
because you know many thing about my country..my point assad trusting russia.and russia protecting syria thats why we cant attack on syria and assad still killing own people..as i say i hope erdoğan will see who is real ally in the region..as you know our friendship coming from 1492 :)
6. symbolic sabre-rattling
syria has grounded its fighter-bombers for fear of defections, so there isn't much need for anti-aircraft guns along the syrian border.
but it's a relatively safe gesture to underline ankara's displeasure at the loss of its reconn flight.
joint israeli-turkish patrols off the syrian coast would be more convincing, but erdogan isn't likely to go that route, and iranian planes aren't airworthy enough to fly that far.
7. Caglar #5
Unfortunately Erdogan does not want to see who the real friend is. He is a fanatic who once said that democracy to him is a bus. When he reaches his destination he will get off the bus. Anti Antisemitism is etched to his character since the days he used to play football in the streets of Kasimpasa. He and his party colleagues are anti Ataturk, Neo Ottoman and pro Khalifate. Until they are replaced with modernists this will go on and on.
David Israel ,
New York, USA
8. # Caglar Turkey can't even fight PKK!
Caglar you have lost the plot! Figures don't mean anything, talking about x amount of soldiers x amount of that. Keep on dreaming mate! Turkey is playing with fire again and again. She will burn one day.
9. ONE MINUTE with ZERO PROBLEMS
Keep well this man.
Tuzla da kokmasin.
10. helen from london
keep on dreaming too. almost all west countrys tried burn Turks but they saw how we cant burn..Turks are not easy prey..dont worry..
11. #10 caglar
If you Turkeys want to have war with your neighbours, then do so. But don't wait for NATO or EU to save you. This is not our war.