Ten people have now died in Israel as a result of coronavirus-related complications, the Health Ministry said Friday, with two fatalities occurring late Thursday night.
A total of 3,035 people have been confirmed to have the virus in Israel, with 49 people reported in serious condition and 60 in moderate condition.
So far, 79 people have now recovered from the virus in Israel.
A 93-year-old man and a 76-year-old woman passed away in hospital from the virus, with the woman being described as having suffered from underlying health conditions.
There are currently 464 people in hospital in Israel, 1,509 people being treated at home, 410 in a specially designated hotel and the rest awaiting a decision on how they will be treated.
Israelis were instructed Thursday to remain at home with emergency measures in place for a period of seven days.
Officials warn that a complete lock-down will be imposed if there is no indication of a decline in the number of new cases reported.
Health Ministry No. 2 Prof. Itamar Grotto told Ynet on Friday that the numbers of fatalities and of seriously ill patients was "not as bad as we feared."
Grotto, who has been advocating for a complete lockdown on the poplulation, said that the more measures imposed by the government are observed the better of Israel will be.
Meanwhile, a newly appointed Knesset oversight committee has reported a concerning shortage in ventilators.
The death toll from the virus continues to rise around the globe. In Italy, some 8,200 have died; 4,100 have succumbed to the virus in Spain and 1,700 in France, including a 16-year-old; the U.S. had about 1,200 deaths, including about 400 in New York State.
First published: 09:44, 03.27.20