Los Angeles police on Saturday said that they had arrested a man suspected of being part of the pro-Palestinian group that attacked Jewish diners last week, during the latest round of hostilities between Israel and Gaza's terrorist groups.
A police statement said that the unidentified man was arrested on Friday night on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon at a residence outside of the city of Los Angeles.
The arrest was made with the assistance from a U.S. Marshals Service task force.
The violent attack was caught on video and circulated on social media.
Witnesses said that a convoy of Palestinian supporters holding Palestinian flags rolled up to a sushi restaurant in the Beverly Grove area of Los Angeles while shouting anti-Semitic and anti-Israel slurs.
According to the witnesses, the perpetrators of the attack asked the diners which ones of them were Jewish.
The brawl allegedly erupted when two diners at the sushi restaurant affirmed that they were Jewish.
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti described the incident as an “organized, anti-Semitic attack.”
The Anti-Defamation League - which works to counter attacks on the global Jewish community - welcomed the news of the arrest.
"The diligent efforts by LAPD and other law enforcement agencies sends a clear message that hate crimes targeting the safety of any group of individuals will not be tolerated," said Jeffrey Abrams, regional director of ADL Los Angeles.
Another alleged anti-Semitic attack in the Los Angeles area was recently caught on video, which showed two drivers trying to run over a Jewish man.
The Anti-Defamation League announced a reward of $5,000 for any information leading to the arrests of the people involved in the incident.
Article republished with permission from i24NEWS