VIDEO - The IDF’s operation in central Gaza continued Thursday evening, with the Palestinians reporting of another three gunmen killed in recent hours, bringing the death toll to 11. At least six of those killed in exchanges of fire with IDF forces were members of the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas’ armed wing. Sources in Gaza said more than 20 people were injured in the fighting, among them Imad Ranem, a cameraman for Hamas’ TV station. The Palestinians said he was severely injured from gunfire, adding that doctors had to amputate his legs. Al-Quds Brigades claimed responsibility Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas, the deposed prime minister, condemned the IDF’s operation in Gaza, calling it a "criminal massacre". He also said Palestinian gunmen had the right to respond. Infantry troops from the Givati Brigade, as well as Armor and Engineering Corps forces have been operating about a kilometer-and-a-half inside Palestinian territory in Gaza since the early hours of Thursday morning. Army officials said the raid resembled recent IDF activities, aimed at thwarting terror attacks through the implementation of localized operations between the border fence and high-density areas in the Strip. It was such an operation that helped foil a kidnapping attempt in Kissufim last month. During such missions, soldiers search for tunnels and explosives, sometimes detaining Palestinian operatives for questioning. They usually take 12 to 24 hours, after which the forces leave the territory. Meanwhile, Palestinians in Gaza continued their attacks on Israeli targets Thursday evening. Three mortar shells fired from the northern Strip landed in open areas in the western Negev. In addition, two Qassam rockets landed in open areas in the western Negev Regional Council. Earlier another Qassam landed in an open area in the region. No injuries or damage were reported in either of the incidents. Islamic Jihad’s al-Quds Brigades claimed responsibility for the attacks.