Channels

Trump administration lifts hold on Lebanon security aid

U.S. President Donald Trump's administration has lifted a mysterious "hold" on more than $100 million in security aid for Lebanon, congressional and State Department officials said, more than a month after lawmakers learned the funds were being blocked.

 

As first reported by Reuters, the U.S. State Department told Congress on Oct. 31 that the White House budget office (OMB) and National
Security Council had decided to withhold $105 million in foreign military assistance, without providing any explanation.

 

As lawmakers demanded answers from the administration about why the aid had been withheld, some compared it with a similar decision from the administration to withhold nearly $400 million in security assistance to Ukraine that also had been approved by Congress.

 


פרסום ראשון: 12.03.19, 09:05