The caller identified himself as a Kfar Tapuach resident, the same settlement where killer Eden Natan Zada had lived for the past two months, and said that he would come to Shfaram with his friends to kill more residents.
A close relative, Nabil Saada, told Ynet the victims’ uncle received the call.
“Whoever was on the other side asked if he had reached the home where the two girls had been killed,” he said. “When this was confirmed he said he was speaking from Kfar Tapuach and that in the near future people will come to ‘finish the job’. He said that in the next day or so we should expect ‘another dose’, and then he hung up.”
The family immediately alerted the police after receiving the phone call.
“Even if it is a joke, it’s a really bad one,” Saada said. "Our feeling is that the writing is on the wall, and still enough is not being done to stop the radicals that are likely to commit more crimes.”
“We heard Shimon Peres’ declarations today that the radical right-wingers must have their weapons confiscated, but in the meantime it is only a declaration and we don’t see them turning into actions in the coming days,” he said.
Barakeh: Residents know how to protect themselves
Meanwhile, Knesset member Mohammad Barakeh (Hadash-Ta`al) heard about the threat and sent an urgent letter to Internal Security Minister Gideon Ezra demanding he investigate the incident as soon as possible to identify those responsible.
He said that should no step be taken, “the residents of Shfaram would know how to defend themselves.”
The four victims of Thursday’s terror attack were laid to rest in Shfaram Friday, while numerous public figures and Knesset members came to pay their respects on Saturday.
Police continue to investigate the incident and five Kfar Tapuach residents have already been arrested on suspicions that they knew of Zada’s intentions and did nothing to prevent the attack.
- Roee Nahmias and Efrat Weiss contributed to the report