Six mortars fired from northern Gaza Wednesday morning landed in Palestinian territory. There were no reports of injury or damage.
The shells were aimed at Israel's western Negev region.
The previous attack emanating from the Hamas-ruled territory came Sunday night, when a Qassam rocket exploded in an open area within the Sha'ar HaNegev Regional Council's limits, causing no injuries or damage. A few hours prior to the rocket attack, Israel allowed a shipment of clothes and shoes for Palestinian traders into the Gaza Strip for the first time three years.
Saturday also saw a mortar fired from Gaza towards the Negev region. There were no reports of injury or damage in that attack either.
The Israel Air Force struck a number of targets in the Gaza Strip Thursday night. Palestinians reported of numerous explosions at a number of locations. The IDF said exact hits of terror targets were identified.
According to witnesses, one of the targets was a group of armed lookouts near Beit Lahiya, located in the northern part of Gaza. No one was injured in the strike.
Another strike, witnesses said, targeted a factory in Gaza City's Sabra neighborhood. Reuters reported that two children were injured from shrapnel and that serious damage was caused.
Last week Hamas' government in Gaza met with representatives of armed Palestinian factions in the Strip and demanded that they halt the rocket and mortar attacks on Israel so as not to give the Jewish state an "excuse" to escalate its military activity. However, representatives of the al-Qaeda linked Salafi movement, which has claimed responsibility for the majority of the recent rocket attacks on Israel, did not take part in the meeting.