Israel plans to hand over to the United Nations an additional response to the Goldstone Report on Operation Cast Lead.
In this second report, Israel will present its position as well as the conclusions of several investigations into the army's conduct.
The response, which the state plans to file with the UN in three weeks, was drafted by military prosecution officials.
Israel responded to the Goldstone Report a few months ago, but plans to update its position on the operation following the conclusion some IDF investigations.
One investigation resulted in manslaughter charges filed against a Givati Brigade soldier. Other probes led to various legal and operational decisions.
However, several incidents mentioned in the Goldstone Report led to no action at all, such as one case involving Palestinian civilians killed while riding on a donkey-drawn carriage.
IDF Judge Advocate General, Brigadier-General Avi Mandelblit, accepted claims by soldiers who said they felt threatened and believed the carriage contained explosives.
They added that they had fired into the air and at the donkey, but were forced to fire at the civilians when neither of these actions stopped the cart.
In another case, where civilians were killed by a tank shell, Mandelblit accepted claims by soldiers who said they had been firing at a cell of rocket-launchers, and that they had been unaware that civilians were nearby. The case was closed without an indictment.
One case remains unresolved – that of an Air Strike on January 5, 2009 that killed 21 people. Many of the victims were said to be civilians, and human rights groups have condemned their deaths. The IDF says it is still investigating the incident.