The grave advisory also urges the relatives of Israelis in Sinai to contact them and update them about the warning.
A statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office Thursday evening warned Israelis that up-to-date, credible information elicited by security authorities shows that a cell belonging to the Army of Islam group, affiliated with Global Jihad organizations, is in Sinai at this time in order to abduct Israelis.
Against the backdrop of this intelligence information, the IDF last week assassinated in Gaza a member of the group involved in planning the attack.
Meanwhile, Egyptian security officials said that authorities detained some 25 jihadists in recent days. The sources told Palestinian news agency Ma'an that the radical Islamists were planning to target peace-keeping forces in the Sinai as well as Israeli tourists.
'Israelis don't care about warnings'
However, it appears that Israeli travelers to Egypt were not overly impressed with the grave tone of the warning.
An Israeli security guard at the Egypt border crossing said that "Israelis don't really care about the warnings, and those who are already in Egypt usually don't return." Meanwhile, two friends from Jerusalem who were en route to Sinai said that "We have nothing to fear. We're just going to the casino in Taba and it's safe there."
Gil Cohen, a 32-year-old Israeli, is currently in Sinai and told Ynet that some 25 Israelis at the site are not overly concerned by the terror warning.
"I heard about the warning but I really don't intend to get out of here, and the same is true for the rest," he said. "Everything here is quiet and calm, and we know that Sinai is safer than Israel."
The last concrete terror alert warning Israelis to stay away from Sinai was issued in April of this year.
Roee Nahmias and Ahuva Mamos contributed to the report
- Follow Ynetnews on Facebook