A special investigation team appointed to probe into the deadly fire estimates that the cause for the fire was electric malfunction.
Hundreds joined fanily, friends in prayer (Photo: Gilad Morag)
The team said that so far, the evidence points to the possibility that an electrical outlet connected to a charger overheated, causing a short circuit. The team scouring the premises noted that the residence was highly loaded with equipment, causing an extremely large fire.
The investigation concluded that there is no evidence of foul play or arson. The residence was used temporarily by the Shaer family. Police is looking into a possibility of negligence, and weather the building was fit for residence.
The scene (Photo: Avi Mualem)
Chief Rabbi of Israel Yona Metzger arrived at the family home on Tuesday morning, to offer spiritual support.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who was informed of the incident, said: "I am deeply shocked, as is every Israeli citizen. We are sympathetic to the mother's pain. We'll do everything we can to assist the family."
Neri Brener, Attila Somfalvi and Omri Efraim contributed to the story
- Receive Ynetnews updates
directly to your desktop