Channels

Photo: Israel Police
Shekels
Photo: Israel Police
Israel's wealthy: 105,000 millionaires and 18 billionaires
According to a report by Credit Suisse, 17,000 Israelis became millionaires in 2016 alone, an increase of 19% from 2015; However, while the average Israeli's wealth has doubled since 2000, income inequality has steadily risen.
According to a report published by Credit Suisse, approximately 2% of Israelis have holdings in excess of $1 million, while 32% total between $100,000-$1,000,000, 42.5% between $10,000-$100,000 and 23.5% under $10,000.

 

 

According to the report, the number of millionaires in Israel, defined as possessing more than $1 million worth of holdings (cash, property and investments), stands at 105,000 people, of which 18 are considered billionaires. This constitutes an increase of 17,000 people, roughly 19%, in the amount of millionaires since 2015. Additionally, 25 people in Israel hold an estimated fortune of $500 million-$1 billion, while 277 people hold between $100-$500 million.

 

Shari Arison, Israel's wealthiest citizen worth an estimated $4.4 billion
Shari Arison, Israel's wealthiest citizen worth an estimated $4.4 billion

 

According to the report, in the last 16 years, the average Israeli citizen's wealth has doubled from $92,589 to $176,263. The median wealth of an Israeli citizen stood at only $54,384—about a third of the average wealth.

 

The Gini Index, which measures income inequality in countries, measured Israel at 77.2%. The index is measured on a scale of 0-100, with 0 representing perfect equality and 100 representing perfect inequality.

 

The majority of wealth (70%) that Israelis hold is financial instruments such as cash and other securities, while the other 30% is comprised of real estate and other properties. In contrast, Israel's debt stands at an average of $29,800 per person, or roughly 14.5% of the wealth of the average person.

 


פרסום ראשון: 11.25.16, 22:53
 new comment
See all talkbacks "Israel's wealthy: 105,000 millionaires and 18 billionaires "
Warning:
This will delete your current comment