- The party calls for end to the occupation and the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital, as well as the evacuation of all settlements and of the Golan Heights.
- The party calls for an end to the expropriation of Palestinian land and the razing of homes, and wants to put an end to plans for boosting Jerusalem's Jewish character.
- The party supports guarantying the right of return to Palestinian refugees in accordance with international decisions and the Palestinian consensus, and seeks the release of Palestinian and Arab prisoners.
- The party wants Israeli Arabs to be recognized as a national minority and be awarded more rights. The party demands the dismantlement of weapons of mass destruction in the world in general and in Israel in particular.
- The party backs the formulation of a constitution that would recognize Israeli Arabs as a national minority. The party rejects the recruitment of Arabs to the IDF and wants equal representation to Arabs at State institutes.
- The party also backs a boost in the status of women in all areas and the payment of allowances to all Israeli Arabs without discrimination as is the case with Jews. The party also wants gaps in education be minimized and calls for the establishment of an Arabic university.
An Arab party formed ahead of the 14th Knesset elections. The United Arab List ran independently in the elections for the 15th and 16th Knesset. Ahead of the elections for the 17th Knesset, the party merged with Ta'al, headed by Ahmad Tibi.