Registration to Services
Some of the services in the Ynet Sites require registration. In the course of the registration you
will be required to provide personal information, such as your name, address, contact details or e-mail address or your credit card information. The fields which are designated for compulsory completion shall be explicitly indicated. If you do not enter the requisite data in the compulsory fields, you will be unable to register to the services requiring registration. Since Yedioth Internet will only ask for the information required for the registered service, in some of the services you will be required to provide further data, as required according to the type of the service. Thus, for instance, during the subscription to the Ynet encyclopedia you will be asked to provide, inter alia, your credit card details.
The Data Base
The information you provide when registering to the services on the Sites will be stored in the Yedioth Internet data base. You are not required by law to provide the information but without providing the same you will not be able to use these services.
Use of Information
• To enable you to use the various services in the Sites – such as (but not only) forums, games, special programs and different activities, which shall be offered from time to time in the Sites.
• To improve and expand the services and content offered on the Sites, including creating new services and content which correspond to the requirements and expectations of the users of the Sites and modifying or canceling existing services and content. The information used by Yedioth Internet for this purpose shall be mainly statistical information, which will not identify you personally.
• To create personal zones on the Sites, which you can modify according to your preferences.
• To purchase products and services on the Sites – including publication of information and content on your behalf.
• To tailor advertisements you view during your visit on the Ynet Sites to your special fields of interest. Any information used by Yedioth Internet for this purpose will not identify you personally by name or address.
• Yedioth Internet may e-mail you from time to time information pertaining to its services, as well as marketing and advertising material – whether information published by Yedioth Internet itself or information received from other posting advertisers for publication purposes. At any time you may ask to cease to receive information of that kind. However, Yedioth Internet will not transfer your personal details to any advertisers.
• To contact you (as and when necessary) or to analyze and provide statistical information to third parties, including advertisers. Any such information will not identify you personally.
Transfer of Information to Third Parties
Yedioth Internet will not transfer your personal details and any information collected pertaining to your activities on the website (as far as such details and information identify you personally), to any third party, except in the following cases:
• When you purchase products and services from trade and content partners of Yedioth Internet or when you take part in any other third party content-related activity or in joint activities of Yedioth Internet and a third party, which are presented on the Ynet Sites. In these cases, these partners may be provided with information they need for completion of the purchase procedure, for management of relevant content-related activity and in order to maintain contact with you;
• If Yedioth Internet shall receive a court order instructing it to transfer your details or any information about you to a third party;
• In any case of dispute, claim, action, demand or legal proceedings, if any, between yourself and Yedioth Internet;
• If Yedioth Internet considers that transferring such information is necessary in order to prevent serious damage to your person or property or to the person or property of any third party;
Cookies are used for the ongoing and orderly operation of the Sites, including for the purpose of collecting statistical data about use of the Sites, the verification of information, adjusting the Sites to your personal preferences and for purposes of information security. Cookies are text files created by your browser according to a command from the Ynet Sites computers. Some of the Cookies will expire when you close down the browser and others are saved on your computer’s hard disk. If, for instance, you use Windows OS and your browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer, you can find the saved Cookies in the folder c:>windows>cookies as well as in c:>windows>Temporary Internet Files. The Cookies contain a variety of information, such as the pages you have accessed, the amount of time you spent on the Sites, the source from which you reached the Sites, sections and information you have sought during your entries into the Sites, and more. Cookies are also used to obviate the need to enter your personal details into the system on the occasion of every individual entry into those sections of Ynet Sites that require registration. The information contained in the Cookies is encoded and Yedioth Internet takes precautions to ensure that only the Ynet computers are able to read and decipher the information stored therein.
If you do not wish to receive Cookies, you may cancel them by changing the definitions in your browser. please read the Help file of your browser for this purpose. However, please bear in mind that disabling the Cookies may prevent you from using some of the services and the features on the Ynet Sites or on other websites. Moreover, you can delete the Cookies from your computer any time. It is recommended that you do so only if you are sure that you do not wish Ynet Sites to correspond to your individual preferences. Since the Cookies sometimes save you the need to enter user names and passwords, it is recommended that do not delete them unless you are sure you have first written down in a safe place all the details required for the use of the Sites.
Third Party Advertising
Yedioth Internet permits other companies, such as, for instance, AlmondNet (http://www.almondnet.com), to manage the advertisements display scheme in the Ynet Sites. The advertisements that you see during your visit on the Ynet Sites are originated by the computers of these companies. In order to manage their advertisements, such companies post Cookies on your computer and places web beacons in the advertisements or in the sites' pages. The web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, embedded in Internet pages, and are used to help collecting information about the sites usage. The collected information does not identify you, and is only intended to match the displayed advertisements to your personal interests. The use made by such companies of Cookies and web beacons is subject to their own privacy policies and not to this Private Policy. Such companies have no access to the Ynet Sites' Cookies and Yedioth Internet has no access to their Cookies. Should you wish to check the privacy policies of the companies that are managing the advertising scheme on the Ynet Sites, you may do so via their own websites.
Collecting Information for Statistical Purposes
Yedioth Internet uses the assistance of a number of companies, which provides to it services of statistical analysis about the use of the Ynet Sites. The company collects and analyzes information about the scope of the use of the sites, the frequency of the use thereof, the access sources of users to the sites, etc. The collected information is statistical in its nature, does not identify you personally and is intended for the purposes of analysis, research and control.
Yedioth Internet implements data security systems and procedures on the Ynet Sites. Although such systems and procedures reduce the risk of unauthorized entry into the Ynet computers, they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, Yedioth Internet does not guarantee that the services on the Ynet Sites are absolutely immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein.
The Right to Peruse Information
Under the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981, any individual is entitled, whether himself or through a proxy so authorized in writing on his behalf or through his legal guardian, to access information pertaining to him that is contained in the data base. Any person, who peruses such information and finds it to be inaccurate, incomplete, unclear or non-updated, may contact the owner of the data base with a request to correct, amend or delete the data. Should the owner of the data base refuse to comply with such a request, he must inform the applicant of such refusal in the manner determined in the regulations. Any refusal on the part of the owner of the data base to permit access or comply with a request to amend or delete information may be appealed by the applicant in a magistrate’s court as determined in the regulations.
Moreover, should the information contained in the Yedioth Internet’s data bases be used for purposes of personally soliciting you, based on your affiliation to any population group as determined according to one or more attributes of people whose names are included in the data base (“solicitation for commercial purposes”) – then you are entitled under the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981 to submit a written request that such information pertaining to you be deleted from the data base. Yedioth Internet shall in such case delete any information that is required only for solicitation for commercial purposes as stated above. Any information required by Yedioth Internet for management of its business - including documentation of commercial and other activities performed by you on the Ynet Sites - shall continue to be legally stored at Yedioth Internet, but no further use shall be made of such information for purposes of personally soliciting you. If within 30 days you do not receive notification that the information that Yedioth Internet was requested to delete was in fact deleted according to the provisions of this paragraph, you are entitled to apply to a magistrate’s court in the manner determined in the regulations and as authorized by law, in order that the court may instruct Yedioth Internet to take the required action as stated.