Egged buys Polish bus company - Israel Business, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
New Deal

Egged bus. Expanding abroad
Egged bus. Expanding abroad 
 
 

Egged buys Polish bus company

Egged Holdings acquires 90 percent of Mobilis, operator of transport lines, tourist buses in Warsaw, for 4 million euro

Benny Barak
Published: 12.11.06, 09:12 / Israel Business

Egged Holdings, a subsidiary of Egged – the leading public transport operator in Israel, has acquired 90 percent of the Polish company Mobilis.

 

Mobilis owns 117 buses, 60 of which are used for public transportation in Warsaw, and the remainder for special transports and tourism.

 

At the first stage, Egged will buy 90 percent of Mobilis' shares for 4 million euro. The other 10 percent will be purchased within a year.

 

Arik Feldman, Egged's chairman of the board, will serve as the CEO of the company, whose name will be changed to "Egged Mobilis."

 

Immediately following the buy, Egged won a tender to operate another cluster of lines in northern Warsaw. In the framework of this addition to its operations, the company will put 53 new city buses into service.

 

The tender's scope of operations stands at 4.5 million euro per year, for 10 years.

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
9 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions

 
פיקוד העורף התרעה במרחב:
    רשימת יישובים במרחב