Settler violence in Hebron continues - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Hebron Violence

Settler harassing Palestinians
Settler harassing Palestinians 
 
 

Settler violence in Hebron continues

(VIDEO) Abu-Aisha family presents additional footage of settlers assaulting family in Tel Rumeida neighborhood. Video shows boy unable to reach family home because of settlers

Ali Waked
Published: 01.10.07, 22:47 / Israel News

VIDEO - A mere day after the video showing a Jewish resident of Hebron harassing an Arab family, human rights group B'Tselem reveals another video, also shot by the family.

 

Violent incident in Hebron

The video shows the family confronting settler children in Tel Rumeida as one of the family's sons, Shrif, tries to get into the house. The boy is seen standing at the entrance gate to the neighborhood, unable to advance towards his house due to a group of settlers.

 

Abu-Aisha family harassed

In the video revealed on Tuesday Taiseer Abu-Aisha told Ynet that to prevent confrontations with the settlers the family coordinates their schedule around the settlers’ daily routine. “We leave for work and school only after they do – and this results in tardiness," he said.

Violence Investigated
Peretz: Probe harassment of Palestinians  / Hanan Greenberg
Defense minister says video showing haredi woman taunting Hebron family ‘shamed Israel’; orders IDF to investigate incident
Full Story

 

Abu-Aisha said that last month, while his wife was pregnant, she began feeling pain and they decided to leave the house at 2 am to avoid a possible confrontation. "We walked a very long time and when we reached the hospital it turned out that the fetus was dead. I do not know to say if he died because of the long walk or because of the radiation from the gate we have to go through or for any other reason, but the whole situation raises concerns about living here given all the dangers.

 

"The fetus died and even if the security situation around us isn't responsible; I can't not ask myself if there is no connection."

 

Defense Minister Amir Peretz ordered an immediate investigation into the harassment after its publication on Ynet. Peretz, who saw the footage and heard the testimonies of family members, spoke with Head of the Central Command, Maj. Gen. Yair Neveh, and ordered him to conduct an thorough probe into the incident, which Peretz said "shames Israel."

 

The Jewish community in Hebron announced Wednesday that it welcomes Peretz's decision to order the probe.

 

"We have no doubt that the probe will uncover the extent of the harassment of the Arab citizens against the Jewish residents of the neighborhood and not the tendentious picture presented by the media," the community said.

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
78 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions

 
פיקוד העורף התרעה במרחב:
    רשימת יישובים במרחב