Channels

Nir Hachim
Shai Hachim
Turkey: 2 Israeli brothers die after being electrocuted at hotel
Vacationing siblings – aged 14 and 18 – killed after machine short-circuits during foam party organized by luxury hotel in Antalya

Two Israeli brothers were electrocuted to death during a family vacation to Turkey on Wednesday afternoon.

 

The siblings, Nir and Shai Hachim, aged 14 and 18, were taking part in a foam party organized by the 5-star 'Venezia Palace' luxury resort hotel in Antalya.

 

Initial reports indicate that the machine generating the foam short-circuited and electrocuted the two youths and a Turkish citizen. Local medical teams were forced to pronounce them dead at the scene.

 

The Turkish man operating the machine and another man from Kazakhstan were seriously wounded.


The 'Venezia Palace' resort hotel

 

Yotam, a 15-year-old Israeli guest who attended the event, told Ynet: "There was a party with a foam cannon and dancing in an open area inside the hotel. All of a sudden we saw several people fall to the ground. We kept dancing because we thought they were just fooling around. But then I looked and saw they weren't moving, it all happened so fast."

 

Yotam said an Israeli woman and several members of the hotel staff attempted to resuscitate the wounded guests. "The ambulance only came after 30 minutes to evacuate them. There was absolute

hysteria, the employees and the Israeli woman went from person to person, trying to resuscitate them," he said.

 

Israel's consol in Ankara, Shmuel Shalem, is en route to Antalya.

 

Meanwhile a dispute broke out between the victims' family and local police authorities, who are intent on conducting autopsies on the bodies of the two brothers. Their parents, however, refuse.

 

 new comment
See all talkbacks "Turkey: 2 Israeli brothers die after being electrocuted at hotel "
Warning:
This will delete your current comment