In the third part of the series we continue our journey through the photo albums of Aryeh Yaakobi, who founded the IDF's photo labs after Israel's inception in 1948. This time we bring you photos from World War II, during which Yaakobi served as an aerial photographer in the US army.
Yaakobi documented the sights of bombarded Europe and printed the photos at the American air force's labs in England.
After the war ended, Yaakobi went on to photograph images in British cities and its countryside.
1. Photos taken from the air and ground of bombarded Europe
9. Over the River Rhine, Germany
10, 11. Family spens an afternoon at a pub in England's countryside
12. Photo taken on a train in England
13. A village in England, 1945
14. Pedicure treatment in Jewish quarter in London
- For all trips to the past - click here