Channels

Shvut Ami (Archives)
Photo: Yesh Din
Illegal outpost Shvut Ami evacuated
Security forces destroy two wooden structures, clear 11 settler teens from area; Daniella Weiss says evacuation carried out on Shabbat and in 'brutal manner'

Israeli security forces once again evacuated the illegal West Bank outpost of Shvut Ami overnight Sunday.

 

The forces demolished two wooden structures and evacuated 11 teens from the outpost by declaring the area a closed military zone.

 

The evacuation of the outpost, which is located near the Kedumim settlement, was carried out without incident, but settlers said they plan to rebuild it.

 

Shvut Ami has been rebuilt a number of times in the past by teens belonging to the Land of Israel Faithful Movement. Settler leader Daniella Weiss said dozens of soldiers took part in the latest evacuation, adding that it was carried out 10 minutes before the end of Shabbat. The IDF has denied her claim.

 

"They came on Shabbat and acted brutally," Weiss said of the security forces.

 

A number of small-sized illegal outposts that had been dismantled throughout the West Bank over the past few days were rebuilt shortly thereafter. On Wednesday police forces and Civil Administration personnel demolished two arbors at the Mitzpe Avichai outpost near Qiryat Arba, as well as a tent at the Federman Farm in Hebron. Settlers have already begun rebuilding the outpost at Mitzpe Avichai. 

 

 new comment
See all talkbacks "Illegal outpost Shvut Ami evacuated"
Warning:
This will delete your current comment