Channels

Ehud Olmert - gets his day in court
Photo: Noam Moskovich
Olmert: Prosecution delusional
Former prime minister attacks prosecution as he takes the stand at District Court hearing
In court Monday, former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert attacked the prosecution over claims that he, together with his former bureau chief Shula Zaken, had a system to receive "double funding" for his trips.

 

During his testimony at a Jerusalem District Court hearing into the "Rishon Tours" affair, Olmert called the accusations against him "delusions and nonsense" and declared that they were based on "evil, malice and presumption."

 

Legal Troubles
Olmert shrugs off double-billing charges / Aviad Glickman
Former PM testifies about 'Rishontours' affair, denies asking for surplus funding. 'I would give a check when told to pay,' he says
Full story

 

Earlier in his testimony Olmert was asked by his attorney Navit Negev to address claims that "the account surplus was transferred into a 'private Olmert' account" which he used over the years to fund dozens of personal flights for him and his family. He denied the claims and said that "there was no evidence and I knew nothing about it."

 

According to the former prime minister "this story of 'Olmert private' is the prosecution's delusion." He then added that he was completely unaware of a surplus account and said the entire strategy was a "monster" created by the prosecution. Yet did Olmert admit that mistakes were made.

 

As for claims that he did not receive budgetary approval for his trips from the comptroller, Olmert responded: "There is no such thing. Never; that I should need to get advanced budgetary approval from the comptroller? Nonsense."

 

 

 new comment
See all talkbacks "Olmert: Prosecution delusional"
Warning:
This will delete your current comment