Ashkenazi Jews rank smartest in world - Israel Jewish Scene, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Honor

Albert Einstein, an Ashkenazi Jew Photo: Gettyimages Imagebank
Albert Einstein, an Ashkenazi Jew Photo: Gettyimages Imagebank
 
 

Ashkenazi Jews rank smartest in world

Studies show descendants of Jews from Medieval Germany, throughout Europe have IQ 20% higher than global average

Nelly Lalany
Published: 07.23.11, 09:01 / Israel Jewish Scene

Is it possible for your ancestry, religious affiliation, or nationality to determine your intellect?

 

According to a study performed by Cambridge University called, "From Chance to Choice: Genetic and Justice," Ashkenazi Jews have a median IQ of 117.

 

Jewish Mind
China good for the Jews  / Ronen Medzini
A book titled 'the Jews – why are they rich?' would be considered anti-Semitic in every other country in the world. In China, however, it's a sort of compliment. Ronen Medzini elaborates on the Chinese people's idolization of the Jewish mind
Full story
That’s 10 points higher than the “accepted” IQ of their biggest competition, Northeast Asia, and 20% higher than the global average.

 

The Ashkenazim make up approximately 80% of all Jews with descendants from Medieval Germany and throughout Europe. The other 20% is made up of Sephardic Jews. I bet you’re frantically searching ancestry.com right now.

 

Other researchers state results for the Ashkenazim tests show an IQ score a little bit lower than 117, but one thing they can all agree on- they’re still topping the charts.

 

An interesting observation that the study points out: the scores for “visual-spatial” were particularly low, and ipso-facto the math and language scores are astonishing.

 

Not to brag or anything, but according to USA Today, “Ashkenazi Jews comprise 2.2% of the USA population, but they represent 30% of faculty at elite colleges, 21% of Ivy League students, 25% of the Turing Award winners, 23% of the wealthiest Americans, and 38% of the Oscar-winning film directors.”

 

Wait, that’s not all!

 

According to the Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technologies, “Since 1950, 29% of the Oslo awards have gone to Ashkenazim, even though they represent only 0.25% of humanity. Ashkenazi achievement in this arena is 117 times greater than their population."

 

Reprinted with permission from Shalom Life

 

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
78 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions