The digital tours come complete with maps and written explanations available in four languages, enriching the touring experience through the Old City.
The multimedia audio tours also include video and can be operated from a smartphone or similar audio device, and are free for download.
The JerusaleMP3 tours include:
- The Jewish Quarter
- Via Dolorosa
- Jerusalem in the First and Second Temple Periods
- From Mount Zion to Jaffa Gate
- The Temple Mount Compound
- In the Footsteps of the Christian Sects
- The Herodian Quarter
- Ramparts Walk, Southern Section
- Ramparts Walk, Northern Section
- Marketplaces in the Old City
"We are thrilled to welcome this next generation of walking tours to the Old City of Jerusalem," says Haim Gutin, Israel commissioner for tourism, North and South America, "which will allow travelers to explore sites of tremendous historical, religious and cultural importance at their own personal pace."
To download a JerusaleMP3 walking tour, visit www.jerusalem-oldcity.org.il
- Follow Ynetnews on Facebook