More than 400 Jewish community members from Los Angeles, the sister city of Tel Aviv, are here in celebration of the 100th anniversary of The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles.
The delegation represents the largest group of travelers from Los Angeles traveling together on an organized mission.
Participants include prominent Jewish community leaders and philanthropists from Los Angeles, as well as congregants of synagogues traveling with their rabbis and spiritual leaders.
Personalized itineraries include tourist destinations as well as visits to numerous human service programs throughout Israel
that are funded by The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles. Highlights include the following:
- October 25, in Tel Aviv: Cultural celebration including opera, dance, TV, film and art featuring participants in programs of The Jewish Federation’s Tel Aviv/Los Angeles Partnership. Emcee is Chaim Topol.
- October 27 in Jerusalem: Reciting the Shehechiyanu at the Haas promenade with Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat
- October 28 at the Kotel: Welcome Shabbat as a community
- October 30 in Ashalim: Dedication of new community center at Ayalim Village funded by The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
- October 31 in Jerusalem: Closing gala with President Shimon Peres
and Jewish Agency Chairman Natan Sharansky