Teens suspected of firebomb attack remanded - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Aftermath

One of the suspects (Photo: Alex Kolomoisky)
One of the suspects (Photo: Alex Kolomoisky) 
 
 

Teens suspected of firebomb attack remanded

Three teens who allegedly firebombed taxi injuring six Palestinians remanded for four days

Omri Efraim
Published: 08.27.12, 15:28 / Israel News

The Jerusalem Magistrate's Court on Monday remanded the three teens suspected of firebombing a Palestinian taxi last week for an additional four days.

 

Six Palestinians were injured in the incident.

 

Related articles:

 

The three, ages 12-13 on, were arrested on Sunday. All three are residents of the Bat Ayin settlement in the West Bank.

 

Dozens of their friends were present in court for the hearing and interrupted the proceedings with shouts of "Be strong," and "We'll blow them apart."

 

The three seemed unfazed by the court's decision to remand them. Their attorneys said they will appeal the decision.

 

Attorneys Adi Kedar and David Halevy, said that the State's evidence against the three was "flimsy."

 

He also said that the police never corroborated the teens' version of the event.

 

"We have no faith in the police," Kedar said. "These are children from good homes, whose only sin is living in a community perceived as radical.

 

"The police are trying to appease the politicians and the media with these arrests," he said.

 

 

  • Receive Ynetnews updates directly to your desktop

 

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
3 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions