Channels

Photos: Ohad Zwigenberg, Ofer Amram, Haim Zach, Ido Erez
Photo: Dudu Bachar
Uri Sagi
Photo: Dudu Bachar
2nd woman comes forward in Sagi sex scandal
New sexual harassment allegations surface former MI chief; Sagi dismisses charges, says 'someone is trying to destroy me'

Another woman has come forward with alleged harassment accusations against former Military Intelligence chief Uri Sagi, Ynet learned Friday.

 

Sagi withdrew from the primaries race in the Labor Party earlier this week, following a sexual harresment complaint that was brought to the attention of Labor Chairwoman Shelly Yachimovich.

 

Related stories:

 

The woman, who decided to reveal her story via Yachimovich's Facebook page, said the alleged harassment took place over 30 years ago, while she was Sagi's subordinate.

 

"He asked me to come into his office, where I found him lying on his bed… He started asking me personal questions, then grabbed me and tried to kiss me," the woman wrote in her post.

 

"I was advised to 'keep out of trouble' and ask to be reassigned instead of filing a complaint, that's how things worked in the 1980s… I always regretted not doing anything about it, and was delighted to hear he will not run for the Knesset," she added.

 

 

Sagi dismissed the accusations and said that they were "Slander meant to ruin my health and my family."

 

He stressed that he does not know the woman in question, "I can't help but wonder about the timing of these allegations. I'm guessing there are some political forces who are trying to destroy me."

 

Tzvika Brot is a Ynet and Yedioth Ahronoth correspondent

 

 

 

 new comment
See all talkbacks "2nd woman comes forward in Sagi sex scandal"
Warning:
This will delete your current comment