Iran denies involvement in Burgas attack - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Islamic Republic

Burgas bombing Photo: Reuters
Burgas bombing Photo: Reuters
 
 

Iran denies involvement in Burgas attack

Iranian ambassador to Bulgaria says attack that claimed lives of five Israelis, one Bulgarian last July 'had nothing to do with Iran' after Bulgaria said Hezbollah was behind bombing

Reuters
Published: 02.08.13, 12:39 / Israel News

Iran played no part in the bombing of a bus last year that killed Israeli tourists, its ambassador to Bulgaria said on Friday, rejecting Israeli charges that it was involved in the attack.

 

"This (the attack) has nothing to do with Iran," Gholamreza Bageri told reporters. "We are against any form of terrorism and strongly condemn such actions."

 

Related stories:

 

Bulgaria on Tuesday accused Iranian-backed Hezbollah of carrying out the July attack, a charge the Lebanese terrorist movement dismissed as part of a smear campaign by its arch foe Israel.

 

The conclusions of the Bulgarian investigation may open the way for the European Union to join the United States in branding the Iranian-backed group a terrorist organization since there is now a clear connection to an attack on EU territory.

 

 

  • Receive Ynetnews updates directly to your desktop

 

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
32 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions