Environmental Protection Ministry: Only 20% of trash recycled - Israel News, Ynetnews

   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Breaking News


Environmental Protection Ministry: Only 20% of trash recycled

Published: 02.10.13, 07:02 / Israel News

Data released by the Environmental Protection Ministry indicates that every Israeli produces 1.9 kg of trash per day on average. The annual trash growth rate stands at 3%-5%. Only 20% of Israeli trash are recycled; the remaining 80% are buried. The ministry plans to use 50% of the trash to produce energy by 2020.


According to the data, the cost of air pollution stood at NIS 26 billion in 2010. The data will be presented to the cabinet on Sunday. (Alphi Shauli)


  PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us


RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions

פיקוד העורף התרעה במרחב:
    למציאת מרחב ההתגוננות האישי שלכם »
    פיקוד העורף מזכיר: יש לחכות 10 דקות במרחב המוגן לפני שיוצאים החוצה
    רשימת יישובים במרחב