Rebels: 1,000 Hezbollah fighters invaded Syria - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Civil War

Damage in Homs Photo: Reuters
Damage in Homs Photo: Reuters
 
Hassan Nasrallah Photo: AFP
Hassan Nasrallah Photo: AFP
 
Syrians arrive in Ziv Medical Center Photo: Avihu Shapira
Syrians arrive in Ziv Medical Center Photo: Avihu Shapira
 
 

Rebels: 1,000 Hezbollah fighters invaded Syria

Fourteen Hezbollah men killed in past two days in battles over control of villages near Lebanon border

Roi Kais
Published: 02.17.13, 23:49 / Israel News

Hezbollah's involvement in the Syrian civil war continues to grow. Syria's main opposition group claimed Sunday that no less than 1,000 Hezbollah men have entered Syria in the past 24 hours.

 

"It's a coordinated ground invasion," the Free Syrian Army spokesman said. "Hezbollah has started a war against us."

 

Related stories:

 

At least two Hezbollah operatives and five rebels were killed in battles southwest of Homs. Earlier on Sunday, rebels claimed they killed 12 members of the Lebanese terrorist group on Saturday.

 

Hezbollah fighters, who control eight villages around Homs, attacked three Syrian villages in the Qusayr region near the Lebanese border. Free Syrian Army spokesman Louay Almokdad warned civilians residing in villages near the border to leave the area.

 

צילום: רויטרס

סגורסגור

שליחה לחבר

 הקלידו את הקוד המוצג
תמונה חדשה

שלח
הסרטון נשלח לחברך

סגורסגור

הטמעת הסרטון באתר שלך

 קוד להטמעה:

Fighting near Homs (Video: Reuters)

He added that Hezbollah has declared "an open war against Syrian civilians in full coordination with the Assad regime that does not bomb areas where Hezbollah is present."

 

Battles between Hezbollah and the Syrian rebels escalated after the death of Revolutionary Guard official Hassan Shateri.

 

Meanwhile, the rebels are trying to distance themselves from Israel. The Military Revolutionary Council in Golan Quneitra said that none of its men had been injured in clashes on Saturday and therefore could not have been treated in Israel.

 

Conversely, Iranian media outlets affiliated with the Syrian regime reported extensively on the aid Israel provided to the seven wounded Syrians.

 

Earlier on Sunday, it was reported that the seven rebels underwent surgery overnight. One of them is still in serious condition in the hospital's Intensive Care Unit after sustaining injuries to his abdomen.

 

The condition of the remaining rebels, who mainly sustained injuries to their extremities, is stable.

 

Ziv Medical Center Director Dr. Oscar Ambon told Ynet that the injuries were caused mainly by shrapnel and bullets, adding that the medical team will not question the injured parties regarding the cause of their wounds.

 

 

  • Receive Ynetnews updates directly to your desktop

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
17 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions