The ongoing Syrian civil war saw dozens of Syrians killed on Saturday with no sign of the violence dying down after more than two years of fighting.
Al Arabiya TV reported that 79 people were killed across Syria Saturday and some 90 other bodies were taken from underneath the rubble in Aleppo following army airstrikes.
- Brahimi: Damascus bombing a war crime
- Report: Syrian rebels take over Al-Kibar nuclear facility
- US Senator Rubio discusses Syria during Israel visit
Meanwhile, locals active on social networks quoted Al Arabiya as saying that rebel forces were laying siege to the 155th brigade in the outskirts of Damascus where the army is launching Scud missiles at the north.
Aleppo in ruins (Photo: Reuters)
On Friday, rebels reported that the Syrian army had bombed two districts in the city of Aleppo. According to the reports, the army targeted civilian homes burying entire families under the rubble.
Video footage showed buildings on fire and victims being rushed to hospitals in cars. A British human rights activist said that 30 houses had been destroyed in the shelling.
According to another report, rebels broke into the Baath Party headquarters in the city of Khan Aranbe in the Golan Heights, several miles from the Syria-Israel border.
Sources said the rebels killed locals, seized weapons, set the building on fire and captured a ruling party member.
- Receive Ynetnews updates
directly to your desktop