Channels

Photo: AP
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
Photo: AP
Photo: AP
Tamerlan Tsarnaev
Photo: AP
Report: Boston bombers planned to attack NY next
New information reveals that Tsarnaev brothers, who were behind Boston Marathon bombing, were planning to carry out another attack in New York

US authorities learned that the Tsarnaev brothers, who were behind the bombing at the Boston Marathon last week, were planning to carry out another attack in New York once they left Boston.

 

The Boston Globe reported on Wednesday that Tamerlan (26) and Dzhokhar (19) Tsarnaev did not succeed in carrying out their plans only because they were tracked down by Massachusetts authorities a few days after the marathon attack.

 

Related stories:

 

After carrying out the Boston bombing, in which three people died and over 200 were injured, the brothers still possessed several homemade grenades and an explosive laden pressure cooker.

 

A man who had been kidnapped by the brothers as they fled authorities told police that the brothers had planned to travel to New York.

 

The man told investigators that although the brothers did not speak English, he picked up on the word “Manhattan” in their conversation.

 

The CBS network reported that once authorities learned of the Tsarnaevs' possible New York attack, Amtrak service between Boston and New York was halted and police launched extensive searches on trains.

 

 

  • Receive Ynetnews updates directly to your desktop

 

 new comment
See all talkbacks "Report: Boston bombers planned to attack NY next"
Warning:
This will delete your current comment