Hezbollah: We won't let Israel, US take over Syria - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Allies

Hezbollah rally in Lebanon (archive) Photo: Reuters
Hezbollah rally in Lebanon (archive) Photo: Reuters
 
 

Hezbollah: We won't let Israel, US take over Syria

Amid reports of Israeli attack on Hezbollah-bound weapons shipment, head of terror group's political bureau says Hezbollah 'ready to prevent Syria from falling into Tel Aviv and Washington's hands'

Roi Kais
Published: 05.04.13, 18:00 / Israel News

In the wake of reports that Israel attacked a shipment of "game changing" long range, surface-to-surface missiles intended for Hezbollah in Syria Friday night, Ibrahim Amin al-Sayed, head of Hezbollah's political bureau, said that his organization "is ready to prevent Syria from falling into Tel Aviv and Washington's hands".

 

Al-Sayaed even admitted that Hezbollah operatives were active in Syria to protect Lebanese citizens "from the Israeli-American cooperation."

 

Related stories:

 

In a memorial service held in honor of one of the groups members in Baalbek, al-Sayed said that "this is our strategy, this is not interference in Syria. It is an intervention in the conflict against America and Israel."

 

He admitted that Hezbollah fighters were active in battling the rebels as part of the Syrian civil war. He said "We are involved in Syria, and we say clearly why we are involved, because we will not allow that this (Israel-US) axis will control us to protect Lebanese citizens "from the Israeli-American cooperation."

 

It has been widely reported that Hezbollah operatives aided Bashar Assad's regime in fighting the rebels. Syria on its part has provide the terrorist group with weapons.

 

Earlier on Saturday, an Israeli official told AP that Israeli warplanes had targeted a shipment of missiles in Syria believed to be en route to Hezbollah operatives in neighboring Lebanon.

 

The air strike took place on Friday after it was approved in a secret meeting of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's security cabinet on Thursday night, the official said on condition of anonymity.

 

He added the shipment was not of chemical arms, but of "game changing" weapons bound for Hezbollah.

 

 

  • Receive Ynetnews updates directly to your desktop

 

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
24 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions