The cabinet determined on Saturday that in the beginning of next week some 26 Palestinian prisoners will be released. The 26 to be released will compose the third group of Palestinians held in Israeli prisons who are released as part of Israel's agreements with the Palestinian Authority.
Out of a 104 Palestinians, 52 were released thus far, in two separate groups.
A government announcement noted that following a cabinet decision to renew peace talks with the PA, "the release of 26 Palestinian prisoners was ratified this evening (Saturday)."
The Israeli Prison Service published the names of the prisoners Saturday night, and the prisoners are expected to be released Monday night.
1. Alafandi Mahmad Yusef Adnan, arrested in 1992 for the murder of Dan Rotkowitz, Yaniv Shaham
2. Shahada Farid Shahada Ahmad, arrested in 1985 for the murder of Yosef Farhan
3. Yakoub Muhammad Ouda Ramadan, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Sara Sharon
4. Afana Mustafa Ahmad Muhammad, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Sara Sharon
5. Abu al Rub Mustafa Mahmoud Faisal, arrested in 1991 for the murder of Yoram Cohen, Muhammad Rajoub, Tawfiq Sahab Zahrana, Muhammad Najib abu al-Rub, Ali Fouad abu al-Rub, Arafat Habiba
6. Kamil Awad Ali Ahmad, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Yoram Cohen, Mohi Adin Dahbour, Omar Tawafiq Kamil Assaf, Mahmoud Fatah Taraji, Karim Bazour, Houria Bazour, Mahmad Rajib Muhammad Kamil, Arafat Hamdan, Mahmoud Tawafiq Assaf, Ibrahim Kamil, Naja Sanadiani, Muhaldin Dahbour, Ali abu Rub, Muhammad abu Rub, Hamoud Aljeza Wajiha Salama
7. Damara Ibrahim Mustafa Bilal, arrested in 1989 for the murder of Steven Frederick Rosenfeld
8. Abu Mohsin Khaled Ibrahim Jamal, arrested in 1991 for the murder of Shlomo Yahya
9. Tamimi Rushdi Muhammad Sa’id, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Hayim Mizrahi
10. Silawi Khaled Kamel Osama, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Yusra Qabaria, Mustafa Nafa, Bilal Faiz Mansour, Motti Biton
11. Sawafta Sudqi Abdel Razeq Mouhlas, arrested in 1991 for the murder of Yosef ben Yaacov Malka (Malkin)
12. Barham Fawzi Mustafa Nasser, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Morris Edri
13. Al Shalabi Yusef Ahmad Nawaman, arrested in 1992 for the murder of Jamil Quftan Hason, Mufid Ali Cana’an, Ahmed Ziwad
14. Jaradat Mahmad Anis Ayman, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Mufid Ali Cana’an, Jamil Quftan Hason, Mahmoud Tawafiq Jaradat, Ibrahim Sa’id Ziwad, Adnan Ajwad Dib abu Jasar
15. Shouamra Yunis Mahmad Naim, arrested in 1995 for the murder of Yosi Hayun
16. Taqtuq Lutfi Halma Ibrahim, arrested in 1989 for the murder of Binyamin Meisner
17. Muammar Ata Mahmoud Mahmoud, arrested in 1992 for the murder of Menachem Stern, Hasin Zayd, Hava Weisel, Andrew Rosenberg
18. Salah Khalil Ahmad Ibrahim, arrested in 1992 for the murder of Menachem Stern, Eli Amsalem, Hava Weisel, Andrew Rosenberg
19. Da’agna Nufal Mahmad Mahmoud, arrested in 1993 for the murder of Sara Sharon
20. Abu Hadir Muhammad Yassin Yassin, arrested in 1988 for the murder of Yigal Shahaf
21. Abu Hasin Ahmad Yusef Bilal, arrested in 1988 for the murder of Farouq Raoud Abdulhamid abu Hader
22. Khalef Juma’a Mustafa Ahmad, arrested in 1992 for stabbing Hanan Gur
23. Abu Jamal Ahmed Ibrahim Jamal, arrested in 1994 for attempted murder
24. Mahmoud Mahmad Suleiman, arrested in 1994 for the murder of Shai Shoker
25. Barbakh Judath Zakhi Rami, arrested in 1994 for the murder of Yosef Zandani
26. Abu Ali Faiz Mahmoud Ibrahim, arrested in 1994 for the murder of Ronnie Levy
Saturday protest against prisoner release (Photo: Gil Yohanan) Ramallah celebrates release of second group of prisoners in October 2013 (Photo: Gil Yohanan)
All prisoners in the list committed their crimes before the Oslo Accords
and have served sentences of 19-28 years.
on Saturday against the release of the Palestinian prisoners, including family members of terror victims whose killers are about to be released.
US Secretary of State John Kerry is scheduled to arrive in the Middle East on Saturday, January 4, for a round of talks to promote peace negotiations between Israel
and the Palestinian Authority, CNN reported Saturday.
This will be Kerry's ninth visit to the region. His previous visit focused mainly on the nuclear deal reached with Iran.
The US secretary of state has said in the past that he believed a peace accord between Israel and the PA could be reached by April 2014, despite the fact that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
expressed doubts that the issue of security could be resolved.
According to sources, security issues lie at the heart of the conflict, as Israel insists that its forces remain in the Jordan
Valley and the Palestinians express opposition to any presence of Israeli troops in their territories. Palestinian officials have also noted that Israel's continued settlement construction in the West Bank raises doubts per Jerusalem's intents to reach an agreement.
Raanan Ben-Zur, Yitzhak Benhorin contributed to this report
- Receive Ynetnews updates
directly to your desktop