BEIRUT - A humanitarian ceasefire in the Syrian city of Homs was extended on Thursday for three more days, the city's governor told Reuters.
"The ceasefire has been extended for an additional three days, starting from today, to allow the evacuation of the remaining civilians," Talal al-Barazi, the governor, said by telephone.
He added that a total of 1,400 people had been evacuated from the besieged Old City since last Friday, when the UN-brokered ceasefire began. Of those, 220 were still undergoing background checks, he said, meaning they were being detained for questioning. (Reuters)