Turkey sacks defence official involved in China missile talks - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Breaking News

 

Turkey sacks defence official involved in China missile talks

Published: 03.28.14, 09:52 / Israel News

Turkey has removed Murad Bayar, Defense Ministry undersecretary for the state-run defence industries, from his post with immediate effect, the official gazette showed on Thursday.

 

The ministry did not give a reason for the decision. Bayar had been influential in Turkey's negotiations with China over the procurement of a missile defence system.

 

Turkey's NATO allies voiced concern when it said in September it had chosen China's FD-2000 missile defence system over rival offers from the Franco/Italian Eurosam SAMP/T and US-listed Raytheon Co. It said China had offered the most competitive terms and would allow co-production in Turkey. (Reuters)

 

  PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us




 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions