The IDF continued to seal off Hebron on Monday in an attempt to locate the 3 Israeli teens kidnapped last week, reinforcing with bulletproof bulldozers called in from the 601st Engineering Brigade's base near Jerusalem to help impose a stricter closure on the West Bank city.
While the defense establishment has yet to pinpoint the location of the abducted boys, a senior military source said Monday afternoon that "the closure is beginning to bear fruit."
The source also spoke of two major efforts undertaken again Hamas, which has been charged with the responsibility for the kidnapping: "An attempt to decipher the attack and locate the abducted, and a concerted operation against Hamas infrastructure in Judea and Samaria."
The source confirmed that about 150 people were arrested, "almost all from Hamas. The investigation is developing. There are large forces deployed in the area. This type of operation eventually yields results."
The IDF's Spokesman Office published a series of videos documenting the special forces overnight raids in the West Bank.
In the first video, filmed with a GoPro camera attached to a soldier's helmet, special units are seen operating in the Hebron area.
At the entrance to one Hebron home, a commander is heard asking "to search for any markers identified with Hamas… like flags, anything."
In recent hours, the IDF and police have stepped up their searches of cars coming in and out of Hebron, and driving on Road 60 and Route 35 surrounding Hebron.
Forces were also on alert at the Tarqumiyah Crossing north of Hebron, which leads to the village area in which the IDF has focused its activities in the past days. Every vehicle heading to Israel is stopped, including those of Jewish residents and Israeli citizens.
The cabinet was meeting on Monday afternoon in Jerusalem, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was expected to attend a situation assessment at the Central Command. In the evening, the prime minister was expected to make a statement to the press.
One step being considered by the government is the expulsion of senior Hamas officials from the West Bank to Gaza. Hamas spokesperson in Gaza, Mushir al-Masri, told Palestinian news agency Ma'an that such a step would be "stupid, and only empower the resistance."