Obama says Sinjar siege broken, some personnel to leave Iraq - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Breaking News

 

Obama says Sinjar siege broken, some personnel to leave Iraq

Reuters
Published: 08.14.14, 20:37 / Israel News

EDGARTOWN - US President Barack Obama said on Thursday that the Islamist militant siege of Iraq's Mount Sinjar had been broken and most of the US military personnel sent to assess the situation would be pulled out of Iraq in the coming days.

 

Obama, in a briefing to reporters, said he did not expect the United States to have to stage an evacuation of the mountain, where thousands of members of the Yazidi religious minority had been trapped by militants, or to continue humanitarian airdrops.

 

  PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us




 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions