The US State Department rejected Thursday night a Wall Street Journal report claiming the US had suspended shipments of Hellfire air-to-surface missiles.
Deputy Spokesperson Marie Harf said deliveries to Israel "have moved forward" and reiterated America's "unshakeable commitment to Israel's security."
In direct refutation of the WSJ report, Harf said all arms of the American government were "incredibly closely linked-up on this issue."
Harf emphasized that "no country has done more to support their security than the US" and said that the US "will continue to provide additional security systems to Israel going forward."
"Let me be clear: there has been no change in policy, period," said the deputy spokesperson, noting that "just last week the president signed a bill providing Israel additional funding for Iron Dome."
"Given the crisis in Gaza, it is natural that agencies take additional care with deliveries as part of an inter-agency process."
Harf stressed that "it's not an unusual step, it is additional care that we would take in any crisis period."
When pressed by the press pool Harf said there was "no broad change in our policy" but that "we made it clear publicly that we thought Israel could do more to protect civilians."
However, she noted that Israel has "a number of their capabilities because of our support" and that the US has "continued to provide offensive capabilities as well."