A Germany-Netherlands soccer game in Hanover was canceled on Tuesday night, less than 90 minutes before it began, after a possible bomb was reportedly found. The incident occurred a mere four days after the coordinated terror attacks in Paris that killed at least 129.
Media outlets reported that an explosives-laden emergency vehicle had been located outside the stadium, but these reports were unconfirmed. However, a German regional minister said no explosives were found and no arrests were made in the city.
An immediate threat and terror warning was extended to all of Hanover. German Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière convened a press conference after the game's cancelation.
A local reporter interviewed on CNN said a suspicious device was found in train station in Hanover in addition to the device found close to stadium.
Hanover's police chief said authorities canceled the match between because they had "concrete information" about a bomb threat.
Speaking at a press conference, the police chief said people in city should go home and avoid large groups
Police evacuated the area surrounding the stadium. Apart from the stadium, police also evacuated Hanover's TUI multi-purpose arena where a concert was about to start.
In last week's attacks in Paris, three suicide bombers detonated themselves outside the Stade de France stadium during a soccer match, killing one person.