Channels

Photo: AP
Devastation in south Lebanon (archive photo)
Photo: AP
Lebanon: Dozens buried under rubble after IAF attack
Lebanese security officials: Israeli air strikes on two villages in south Lebanon flatten two houses, 57 people buried in rubble
Lebanese security officials and the state news agency reported that Israeli air strikes on two villages in south Lebanon on Friday flattened two houses, and 57 people were reported buried in the rubble.

 

The number of dead was not immediately known.

 

The warplanes hit Taibeh, about 5 kilometers (3 miles) from the Israeli border, destroying a house where 17 people had taken refuge.

 

The second attack flattened a building in Aita al-Shaab, 2 kilometers (1 mile) inside Lebanon. Fifty people were reported covered in the rubble there.

 

Earlier on Friday security sources in Lebanon said at least 33 farm workers, including many Kurds and Syrians, were killed when Israeli aircraft bombarded trucks being loaded with fruits at a farm on Lebanon's border with Syria.

 

They said the farm was near the village of Qaa in the northern tip of the eastern Bekaa Valley. Aircraft fired at least three rockets at the trucks which were being loaded with peaches and plums.

 


פרסום ראשון: 08.04.06, 20:26
 new comment
See all talkbacks "Lebanon: Dozens buried under rubble after IAF attack"
Warning:
This will delete your current comment