A rocket apparently fired by Palestinians on Friday struck a house in the Gaza Strip, killing two Palestinian sisters aged five and 13, Palestinian medics said.
Hamas police said they were investigating the cause of the blast in Beit Lahiya village in northern Gaza, which medics said seemed to be due to a rocket aimed at Israel that had misfired.
Earlier in the day, a seriously wounded 35-year-old Palestinian man, hurt by a misfired rocket on Tuesday, was taken to an Israeli hospital for treatment. Two children were also reportedly wounded in the Tuesday attack, but it is unclear whether they were the man's children.
The man was apparently injured in the head after a rocket directly hit his home. He received initial treatment at a hospital in Gaza, but it was later decided to transfer him for treatment in Israel.
A Magen David Adom ambulance evacuated the man from Gaza to the Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv.
Dozens of mortar shells and Qassams have been fired at Israel since Thursday night. Several mortar shells were launched while Israel opened border crossings to allow humanitarian aid into the Strip, but all of them landed within Palestinian territory.
Heads of the Gaza vicinity communities were outraged Friday by Israel's decision to allow 40 trucks carrying humanitarian aid to enter the Gaza Strip, despite the incessant rocket and mortar fire at the western Negev.
Head of the Eshkol Regional Council Haim Yelin said that after such a night he had hoped that the border crossings would remain closed.
"I must say that I fail to understand the reasons behind continuing to deliver aid to those Palestinians for 'humanitarian ground'," he stated. "Why is the humanitarian need always one-sided? Why are there no humanitarian concerns towards us and a stop to the rocket fire?"
Shmulik Hadad contributed to the report