Hizbullah Saturday denounced alleged Israeli airstrikes on Sudan targeting weapons
In a statement issued Saturday, Hizbullah called the airstrikes a new Israeli crime and urged Arab leaders meeting in Qatar next week to craft a response denouncing them.
Sudan says it believes Israel carried out the airstrikes in the remote mountainous desert region of northeast Sudan last month. Khartoum officials have said the strikes hit
trucks carrying weapons, possibly destined for in the Gaza Strip.
Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has hinted that Israel did launch the February strikes, vowing that it would hit "terror infrastructure" wherever it is.
Report: Israel struck in Sudan 3 times
Israel bombed targets in Sudan three times since January, and not twice as has been reported previously, the ABC News network reported earlier Saturday.
A US official told the network the three strikes targeted arms shipments from Iran to Gaza.
The latest report did not detail when the third strike took part or what were its exact targets. A spokesman on behalf of Israel's embassy in Washington declined to comment on the latest report.
Earlier, a Sudanese government official said there was no proof Israel was behind recent strikes in Sudan.
"First we suspected it was the United States, but we received assurances it was not them, and we are investigating other possibilities, including Israel," Foreign ministry spokesman Ali Sadiq told AFP. "But there is no indication for now that it was Israel."
Two American officials have confirmed that Israeli warplanes bombed a convoy of trucks in Sudan in January that was believed to be carrying arms to be smuggled into Gaza, the New York Times reported Friday.