Two days after returning to Israel journalist Uri Blau, who fled the country to London following the Anat Kam affair, reported for his first interrogation session Tuesday.
Blau, believed to once be in possession of thousands of classified military documents, given to him by Kam, had already handed them back to the Shin Bet, as per his agreement with the State Prosecutor's Office.
"I'm not at liberty to talk" he told reporters waiting for him. When asked whether in his opinion, the affair would soon come to an end, he responded: "I hope so."
Blau, a Haaretz reporter, previously stated that the documents he gave the State were the sum total of the documents he received from Kam.
Blau also said he would give the Shin Bet, police and State Prosecutors Office additional classified documents which he received from other sources. The agreement states that the authorities would destroy the documents without attempting to ascertain their source.
Blau agreed to cooperate with the Shin Bet and the police and declared that he had no additional documents, in any format, in his keeping. He also said that he would submit himself to a polygraph test if requested.
Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein will then decide if the State wishes to indict him in relation to the Kam affair.
"Reason is victorious, both State security and journalistic integrity have been upheld," Blau's lawyer, Mibi Mozer, told Ynet. Meanwhile, people close to Anat Kam, whose agreement with the prosecution is being finalized, said they hope Blau will cooperate with the investigation.
- Follow Ynetnews on Facebook