Photo: Gil Yohanan
Photo: Gil Yohanan

Report: Suspected stabbing attack in Ma'aleh Adumim

Palestinian suspected of attacking security guard with knife, lightly injuring him. Police, IDF search area for perpetrator

A security guard was stabbed in Ma'aleh Adumim on Saturday in a suspected terror attack by a Palestinian man. The guard was lightly injured.


Police and IDF forces are trying to locate the suspect who was reportedly seen heading towards Moshav Azaria located in central Israel.


Related articles:


At approximately 1:50 pm a young Palestinian man approached the security guard. He uttered a few words in Arabic and then pulled out a knife and stabbed the guard. The watchman was lightly injured in him neck and shortly thereafter he was taken to Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital in Jerusalem.


In early November Jerusalem police arrested Abed al-Rahman, a 20-year-old man from the Palestinian village of Beit Iksa suspected of being the one behind the incident in which 17-year-old Yehuda Ne'emad was stabbed two weeks ago. The suspect has admitted to the charges against him and reenacted the event.


The arrest took place three days ago following a joint Shin Bet, police and IDF operation. The Jerusalem Police Minority Division was responsible for the arrest.


The attack took place on October 22, on a Saturday. Ne'emad, 17, from Ramot was stabbed twice, in the abdomen and in the back. He was rushed to Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital in Jerusalem in serious condition. The patient underwent a surgery and hospital officials said later that his condition had improved.


IDF troops were stationed at the entrance to Kfar Iksa, a nearby Palestinian village, and a police helicopter hovered above the region for hours in an attempt to locate the attacker. Large police forces from the Jerusalem District scoured the area as well in coordination with the IDF.


Eyewitnesses told Ynet that the attacker came up to Ne'emad, who was walking down a street with his friend, and stabbed him without any provocation. A local doctor who rushed to aid the victim said that "the attacker began to chase a 12-year-old girl, but fortunately he failed to catch her."




פרסום ראשון: 12.17.11, 15:08
 new comment
This will delete your current comment