Gas field (archives)
Photo: Albatross

Delek interested in Cyprus' gas facility

Cypriot energy minister says senior officials from Israeli energy firm held talks with president on taking part in development of gas processing facility

Cyprus' energy minister says Israeli energy firm Delek is looking to take part in the development of a gas processing facility on the island – a major project the government is hoping will bolster the country's shaken economy.


Georgios Lakkotrypis said that senior Delek officials on Monday held talks with Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades.


Delek and subsidiary Avner Oil exploration hold a 30% stake in a gas field off Cyprus' southern coast that's estimated to contain 5-8 trillion cubic feet of gas. Texas-based Noble Energy holds the other 70%.


Gideon Tadmor, Delek Drilling chairman, said he was hopeful of "a long-lasting cooperation between our company, the State of Israel and Cyprus."


Cyprus has licensed other oil and gas companies including Italy's ENI, France's Total and South Korea's Kogas.



פרסום ראשון: 06.11.13, 07:42
 new comment
This will delete your current comment