Video: Rebels execute Assad loyalists - Israel News, Ynetnews
 
ynetnews
web


   Israel News

Israel News
World News
Israel Opinion
Jewish
Israel Business
Israel Culture
Israel Travel
Civil War

Assad loyalist executed
Assad loyalist executed 
 
 

Video: Rebels execute Assad loyalists

Disturbing clips released by rebels show blindfolded members of 'Shabiha' militia being shot to death

Roi Kais
Published: 08.29.13, 20:45 / Israel News

Syrian rebels operating in Quneitra uploaded to the Internet a number of videos over the past few days which document the execution of fighters who are loyal to President Bashar Assad's regime. The killings were carried out in retaliation for last week's chemical attack on rebel strongholds near Damascus.

 

One of the clips shows a blindfolded member of the pro-Assad 'Shabiha' militia being shot to death. Another video shows two Assad loyalists being shot to death.

 

Related stories:

 

The rebels who uploaded the disturbing videos took part in the capture of the Quneitra Crossing in June. The Syrian army later regained control of the border crossing.

  

סגורסגור

שליחה לחבר

 הקלידו את הקוד המוצג
תמונה חדשה

שלח
הסרטון נשלח לחברך

סגורסגור

הטמעת הסרטון באתר שלך

 קוד להטמעה:


Assad loyalists executed

 

The fighting in areas close to the border with Israel in the Golan Heights has subsided in recent days. The rebels control about 80% of the Quneitra region, but the Syrian army still controls strategic points in the area, including the Quneitra Crossing and the town of Khan Arnabah. Rebels affiliated with Global Jihad are continuing to establish their control in the southern Golan Heights.

 

Meanwhile, Britain's joint intelligence committee (JIC) concluded it is "highly likely" that the Assad regime was responsible for the chemical weapons attacks in Syria last week that have prompted moves towards launching military strikes.

 

In its assessment of the chemical weapons attack the JIC said the regime had launched at least 14 chemical weapons attacks in the past.

 

A US defense official said Thursday that the Navy has deployed a fifth destroyer to the eastern Mediterranean, as expectations grow of an imminent strike on Syria.

 

The USS Stout, a guided missile destroyer, is "in the Mediterranean, heading and moving east" to relieve the USS Mahan, said the official, who said both ships might remain in place for the time being.

 

Yoav Zitun contributed to the report

 

 

  • Receive Ynetnews updates directly to your desktop 

 

commentcomment   PrintPrint  Send to friendSend to friend   
Tag with Del.icio.us Bookmark to del.icio.us



 
11 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks
Please wait for the talkbacks to load

 

RSS RSS | About | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of use | Advertise with us | Site Map

Site developed by  YIT Advanced Technology Solutions