Funerals for two of the terrorists

Security coordination continues despite Abbas freeze

Even though Palestinian president declared halt of security coordination with Israel amid the Temple Mount crisis, four terrorists' bodies returned for burial on Friday, which requires coordination.

Even though the Palestinians halted their security coordination with Israel, it didn't stop the return Friday of the bodies of four terrorists to their families for burial—which requires security coordination.



The transfer of terrorists' bodies is done by the Civil Administration's Communication and Coordination officers and their counterparts on the Palestinian side.


It appears, therefore, that despite Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's declaration he was severing ties with Israel over the crisis surrounding the Temple Mount, the security coordination continues on the ground and done by the lower ranks and at a smaller scale.


Funerals of two of the terrorists in Tuqu'

Funerals of two of the terrorists in Tuqu'


שליחה לחבר

 הקלידו את הקוד המוצג
תמונה חדשה

הסרטון נשלח לחברך


הטמעת הסרטון באתר שלך

 קוד להטמעה:


The security coordination is also required when IDF forces enter Area A—which is under full Palestinian control—to carry our arrests. In such instances, the Palestinian security forces are asked to leave the area to avoid clashes with the Israeli troops.


But since Abbas's declaration two weeks ago, the IDF has carried out dozens of arrests—some of them in Area A—with no clashes reported.


The bodies returned Friday were of a Palestinian who carried out a shooting attack and killed in a fire exchange when Israeli forces came to arrest him near the village of Nabi Salih, as well as three other Palestinian attackers who attempted to carry our car ramming and stabbing attacks and were killed when they were neutralized.


Funeral of terrorist in Tuqu'
Funeral of terrorist in Tuqu'


During the funerals of two of the terrorists on Saturday afternoon, Palestinian youths clashed with Israeli forces in the village of Tuqu'. Dozens of rioters hurled stones at the Israeli troops, who responded with crowd dispersal measures.


An IDF soldier was lightly hurt and was evacuated to the hospital for treatment.


פרסום ראשון: 08.05.17, 18:08
 new comment
This will delete your current comment