The Backstreet Boys will not be performing in Israel this month after all.
The producers of the boy band's three concerts, which were scheduled to be held at the Ra'anana Amphitheater on July 29, 30 and 31, said in a statement issued Sunday morning: "Unfortunately, we are forced to postpone the Backstreet Boys shows in light of the security situation and the fear for the audience's safety. The show will be held at an alternative date during the spring (March-April) of 2015."
The band members said in the statement that they were very disappointed as they had been looking forward to the visiting Israel for the first time and meeting their fans.
They added that they were working on new dates for the show and would inform the ticket purchasers as soon as possible. They concluded the statement by sending their love to everyone in Israel.
According to the show's production, the purchased tickets will be valid for the future concerts, but anyone interested in receiving a full refund will be able to do so.
Veteran Canadian singer Paul Anka, who was scheduled to perform at the Charles Bronfman Auditorium in Tel Aviv on July 24 and July 26, also decided Saturday to cancel the two concerts due to the security situation in Israel.
"Due to the current situation in the Middle East, Paul Anka and the local promoters will be postponing his upcoming concerts," his rep said in a statement. "Management is in constant communication with our local promoter friends, trying to find a solution to the rescheduled dates.
"Once this is worked out in the next few days, the local promoter will make the announcement. We ask all current ticket holders to keep their tickets and await that announcement. Mr. Anka assures you that once the local situation is resolved, he will be there with the latest version of his fantastic performance."
The show's production in Israel offered the following statement: "In the coming week, we will issue a proper announcement for all ticket buyers about two alternative dates for a concert this October."
Yoav Tzemach, the show's producer and Anka's representative in Israel, told Ynet on Saturday: "We spoke to Paul Anka yesterday night. He is afraid to come here in the current situation, and it's understandable. After all, Israel is in a state of war. This isn't a cancellation, but a postponement of the show."
This would have been Anka's fifth visit to Israel following the success of his previous concerts in the country. The veteran singer is joining musician Neil Young, Jazz pianist Chick Korea and the bands Brian Jonestown Massacre and America, which have already called off their performances in Israel due to the military operation in Gaza.