Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS
The knives wielded by the would-be terrorists
Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS

Border Policemen stop 2 would-be terrorists

Attempted stabbing attack near Tapuach Junction thwarted by Border Policemen, who shot, wounded assailants; incapacitated terrorists receive medical attention, removed for further medical treatment.

A Border Policeman neutralized two would-be terrorists armed with knives at the Tapuach Junction Tuesday, thwarting their attack. The policeman was unharmed.



The two would-be terrorists, aged 15, arrived at the junction from the direction of Nablus and headed towards the bus stations at the junction.


A Border Policeman stationed at a nearby post noticed them and alerted the troops stationed at the junction.


The scene of the Tapuach attempted stabbing attack (Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS)
The scene of the Tapuach attempted stabbing attack (Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS)


The soldiers initiated the suspect arrest protocol, first calling on the suspects to stop.


When the two youths failed to respond, a Border Policeman fired some shots into the air, which prompted one of the terrorists to draw his knife and move on the soldiers.


In response, the soldier then shot at the terrorists' lower bodies, incapacitating them.


Border Police said the terrorists were arrested, have received medical attention on site and were taken to receive further treatment.


 (Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS)
(Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS)


The head of the Samaria Regional Council, Yossi Dagan, was notified of the attempted attack by Samaria Brigade Commander Col. Gilad Amit. "We thank the security forces and the Border Police for their resourcefulness, which saved lives today," Dagan told the commander.


"We also wish to make it clear to all those who wish us harm, the population here is strong. Terror will not break us. We'll continue building here in Samaria. I ask the government to provide the proper response to this terror by building and strengthening the place and its residents," Dagan said.


Tuesday's attack came on the heels of the Havat Gilad shooting attack two weeks ago, which claimed the life of resident Raziel Shevah.


The knives wielded by the would-be terrorists (Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS)
The knives wielded by the would-be terrorists (Photo: Keren Perlman/TPS)


A little over a month prior, 19-year-old Sgt. Ron Kokia, who was waiting for the bus in Arad, was stabbed to death outside the mall in the city.


Around a fortnight earlier, a Palestinian stabbed an Israel Border Policeman in the West Bank Square near Ramallah, leaving him moderately wounded before being shot by security forces.


The spasmodic instances of violence had already showed signs of once again picking up pace when five days earlier a 46-year-old security guard was stabbed in his upper body and seriously wounded by a terrorist on Jerusalem's Jaffa Street, outside the city's central bus station.


פרסום ראשון: 01.23.18, 13:57
 new comment
This will delete your current comment