The UK woman was arrested early Sunday after she admitted to have made up the story about being sexually assaulted by the Israelis at a hotel in the Cypriot resort town of Ayia Napa on July 17. The seven remaining Israeli youths still in custody were freed shortly after
and made their way to Israel. The authorities released five of the Israeli teens last week after finding no evidence linking them to the alleged crime.
“The woman said she complained to the police because they filmed her, but she never said she didn’t want to be filmed,” said Nir Yeslovich, who represents four of the former suspects.
“She said that she was angry with one of the teens who entered the room during the act and refused to have intercourse with her after she offered it. She was angered and hurt by that … That's what she said, that's her version.”
In the meantime, sources said the case began to unfold late Saturday evening when the main investigator, Marius Christiano, arrived at the hotel the British teenager was staying with her family.
He confronted her with all the DNA evidence as well videos of her having seemingly consensual sexual intercourse with the accused men. The young woman struggled to provide credible answers and eventually confessed to have fabricated the story about assault.
"Everything was consensual,” the woman apparently said to the investigator. “I went into their room because I meant to have sex with them," she said, adding that she wanted “revenge” after one of the Israelis told her to leave after she’d refused to have sex with him, which appears to directly contradict the statement made by the attorney of four of the former suspects.
The teen said she met up with some of her friends after she left the room. "I told them I had been raped and they took me to the local clinic where we called the police. I told them I had been raped. The police came and arrested all the Israelis.”