The state comptroller's permits committee on Thursday said it will not discuss Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's request to raise NIS 10 million from donors to finance his legal defense in his criminal trial.
Netanyahu had asked the board to allow the sizeable donation from American real-estate magnate Spencer Partrich.
The committee then asked Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit's opinion on the matter, given the fact that Partrich is a witness in one of the premier's corruption cases.
On Tuesday, Mandelblit told the State Comptroller's Office that he opposed Netanyahu's request, stating that public servants are prohibited from receiving such amounts under Israeli law.
Following the decision, Netanyahu lashed out at the attorney general.
"Once again, it seems like there is one law for Netanyahu and another for everyone else. This is what a political investigation looks like, ending with a political indictment," Netanyahu said via associates to the media.
Netanyahu also went on to accuse Mandelblit of orchestrating a "coup d'etat" to unseat him from power.
The panel also decided to not renew hearings on a retroactive request from Netanyahu to receive $300,000 in funds for legal fees from his cousin, Nathan Milikowski.
Since the request was previously rejected by the committee, Netanyahu will have to pay $30,000 of the funds back to Milikowski.