Armenia and Azerbaijan agree new Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire

Reuters |
Published: 10.17.20 , 23:44
Armenia and Azerbaijan said they had agreed on Saturday to a new humanitarian ceasefire from midnight in fighting over Azerbaijan's ethnic Armenian-controlled enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Both sides had accused each other earlier of fresh attacks in violation of a week-old Russian-brokered truce that had failed to halt the worst fighting in the South Caucasus since the 1990s.
Azerbaijan had said 13 civilians had been killed and more than 50 wounded in the city of Ganja by missiles from Nagorno-Karabakh. Armenia, which supports Nagorno-Karabakh politically and economically and sends volunteers to serve in its army, accused Azerbaijan of shelling populated areas of the enclave and bombing targets in Armenia.